Erasmus incoming Faculty of Education, Economy and Technology of Ceuta

Erasmus incoming

Descargar versión en PDF


Ciudad Autónoma de Ceuta
Conoce Ceuta
Ceuta Nostalgia
Video Fitur 2009
Vídeo Turismo de Ceuta


By sea

To cross the Strait of Gibraltar you may choose between the five shipping companies operating from Algeciras. Between them they offer almost 20 crossings per day, in a journey time of just over 50 minutes, via high-speed catamarans for both foot passengers and vehicles.

The companies offering direct daily crossings between Ceuta and Algeciras are:

  • Timetables (enlace roto)

By air

If you prefer to fly, Inaer offers a regular helicopter service (Ceuta-Malaga and Ceuta-Algeciras). Don’t forget your camera!

It takes just over 25 minutes to fly from Ceuta to Malaga, while the flight time from Algeciras to Ceuta is just 8 minutes.

The Algeciras heliport can be found on the upper deck of the Maritime Station. Flying can be an extremely useful option especially when sea crossings are impossible due to bad weather.

  • Helicopter timetable (enlace roto)


For students from the European Union: Prior to travelling to Spain you need to apply for a European Health Insurance Card.

As soon as you arrive in Ceuta you should request the following documents at the Immigration Office (Oficina de Extranjería):

Procedure Form No. Fee
Application for a Foreign Citizens Identification Number (NIE) EX-14 9,18 €
Registration Certificate (Certificado de Registro) EX-16 10,00 €
Application for the identity card for foreign nationals (Tarjeta de Extranjero) EX-15 10,20 €

You can also download the forms from this site:


Citizens of the European Union, Switzerland and the European Economic Area must present their up-to-date passport or national identity card when entering Spain.

If you intend to stay in Spain for more than three months you must visit the Immigration Office (or the relevant police station) covering the province where you intend to reside. Here you must ask to be registered in the Central Foreigners Register, and provide your passport or national identity card for this purpose.

Students from other countries:

To enter and live in Spain as a student you need to request a study visa at the Spanish Diplomatic Mission or Consulate where you normally reside. As a minimum, in order to apply you will need to provide the following required documents: passport, accreditation of admission or pre-enrolment in an official educational or research centre, the content of the syllabus you will be following, medical insurance, any criminal record issued by the authorities in your country of origin or residence, and formal accreditation of having the financial means to cover the costs of your study and your stay in Spain.

Once in Spain, if you need to stay for more than six months in order to complete your studies you should apply for the identity card for foreign nationals (Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero). You must do this via the Immigration Office (Oficina de Extranjeros) no later than one month after you entered the country. You will need to complete the relevant application form and present this in person with a copy of your passport, your study visa, and three passport-type photographs.

Extending your study visit:

If you are goint to stay in Spain to study for more than a year, you will need to request an extension to your permit. It is essential that you make this request within the 60 days prior to your current permit expiring, otherwise your application will not be processed and you will have to apply for another visa. Along with your application for an extension you should present the following documents: a copy of your previous identity card, passport, medical insurance (including repatriation costs), proof of sufficient financial resources (grants, family income etc.), and official accreditation of your continued study (academic certification). Once you have been granted the relevant authorization, within one month you need to apply for your new identity card.


Recent content in:

Campus Universitario de Ceuta. C/. Cortadura del Valle s.n. CP: 51001 Ceuta. España. Teléfono (+34) 956 52 61 00.

Diseño Web Granada

Oficina Web UGR